Advanced Programs: AP®
What is the AP® Program?
- Nationally-recognized program operated by the College Board
- Courses offer high level of academic challenge
- Opportunity for high school students to enroll in college-level courses
- Rigorous program with standardized national exams
Why enroll in an AP® Course?
- Challenging and interesting curriculum
- College preparation
- Possible college credit
- Recognition in the college admission process
Current AP Course Offering at K12 Private Academy
Two semester courses
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Chemistry
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Statistics
- AP U.S. History
- AP World History
One semester courses
- AP U.S. Government and Politics
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Psychology
- The AP Exams are offered every May and test students’ mastery of the AP coursework.
- Students can earn scores ranging from 1 to 5 and depending upon their scores can earn college credit.
AP Exam Preparation
For most K12 AP courses, AP Exam Reviews are available.
- AP Exam Reviews help prepare students for AP Exams in May.
- These reviews are offered to schools free of charge.
- Using a diagnostic tool, AP Exam Reviews push students through material rapidly, in order to focus on topics where students need the most help.
Our overall average score in 2014 on the AP Exam was 3.53, when the national average was 2.99.
* A passing rate on the AP Exam is a 3, as this means that the student submitted qualified work and successfully demonstrated the mastery of college-level content.
Click to read past and current AP Newsletters